воскресенье, 2 ноября 2014 г.

Robert Frost My November Guest

James-Tissot
Painter James Tissot
Hello,dear English lovers!

Let's welcome November! 

The third autumn month comes with sharp winds, grey clouds,drizzling rains,bare trees. This month is colourless,chill and dull.

What can change it into the most beautiful season? Love, and only love.


To my mind ,this marvelous poem wonderfully explains the feelings of lovers.





My November Guest by Robert Frost

My sorrow, when she’s here with me,
   Thinks these dark days of autumn rain
Are beautiful as days can be;
She loves the bare, the withered tree;
   She walks the sodden pasture lane.


Her pleasure will not let me stay.
   She talks and I am fain to list:
She’s glad the birds are gone away,
She’s glad her simple worsted gray
   Is silver now with clinging mist.

The desolate, deserted trees,
   The faded earth, the heavy sky,
The beauties she so truly sees,
She thinks I have no eye for these,
   And vexes me for reason why.

Not yesterday I learned to know
   The love of bare November days
Before the coming of the snow,
But it were vain to tell her so,
   And they are better for her praise




Vocabulary

 gif


a withered (plant)  has become dry and is dying


sodden - completely wet


fain - this old word describes the feeling of gladly or willingly doing something
worsted - a type of woolen cloth:









gray- a grey  suit 
clinging - hold on tightly to


vex -make (someone) feel annoyed, frustrated, or worried 
And now let's enjoy this video and try to recite the poem !


.

Please,don't forget to press the button G+ in the right upper corner 
to share this blog.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий