вторник, 6 мая 2014 г.

The fame of English literature :Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

 1807-1882
 Henry Wadsworth Longfellow was a great figure in the cultural life of  America and by the time of
 his death he became a world-famous personality. He traveled a lot and learned various languages. 
Today we'll listen and read  one of the most popular poem of  Longfellow, in it he compares the arrow to life, and the songs are compared to feelings. Even though songs (feelings) are unseen, they are still real.
Hope, you'll like this poem! 

So, let's listen to the poem and enjoy it!



Now you are able to recite it yourself!

I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий