понедельник, 19 мая 2014 г.

ESL reading for studying English : Silent Protest by Vernon Waring

                                                                                     Hello,dear readers!


anthonims                                                                   
Reading this funny poem,   we 'll learn  two groups of synonyms, they are  :
  •     to be quiet,hushed,silent,shushed;

  •     pure,unadulterated

and the pair of antonyms: silence - noise.

As you can see, this short poem is  very useful for any English learner. 
So, let's read, learn,enjoy!
 



Silent Protest

by Vernon Waring

In church pews I am quiet
In libraries I'm hushed
At grave sites I am silent
In theaters I am shushed

In hospital halls I whisper
The epitome of poise
But frankly what I'd welcome now
Is some pure unadulterated NOISE!




1 комментарий: