понедельник, 24 марта 2014 г.

Positive and negative agreements: so/too, either/neither

Positive and negative agreements /əˈɡriːmənts/


Today we'll learn how to express an  agreement : positive or negative one. For this purpose we can use some forms:
1. Positive agreement. You should use this form after affirmative statements.They can be formed with  SO or too and a  positive form of the auxilary verb:
  •   I like coffee. -    So do I./ I do too 
  • I have seen this film. -  So has he. / He has too
  • Nick can sing well.- So can Ann./ Ann can too

2. Negative agreement should be used after negative statements and can be formed with the words either or neither: either is used after a negative form of the auxilary verb and neither is used before a positive one.

  • He wasn't late yesterday. - Neither was I./  I wasn't either .
  • Eugene can't play chess. - Neither can Sam./ Sam can't either.
Note:
neither can be pronounced in two ways  : /ˈnaɪðə(r)/ or /ˈniːðə(r)/



see the related video 



check yourself here:

http://english-zone.com/grammar/metoo1.html

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий