понедельник, 20 октября 2014 г.

Reading : Chocolate !

flowers- and-chocolate
Hello,dear readers!
I'm glad to meet you again after the long separation. Life is a cruel thing and sometimes the circumstances of it are so difficult that you should only try to survive. 
 Today I'd like to open a new page in this blog to talk about things which help us to feel better during the hard times. And this one is about chocolate, my favourite black chocolate!





ODE  TO CHOCOLATE
by Barbara Crooker 


I hate milk chocolate, don’t want clouds
of cream diluting the dark night sky,



don’t want pralines or raisins, rubble
in this smooth plateau. I like my coffee
black, my beer from Germany, wine
from Burgundy, the darker, the better.
I like my heroes complicated and brooding,
James Dean in oiled leather, leaning
on a motorcycle. You know the color.
Oh, chocolate! From the spice bazaars
of Africa, hulled in mills, beaten,
pressed in bars. The cold slab of a cave’s
interior, when all the stars
have gone to sleep.
Chocolate strolls up to the microphone
and plays jazz at midnight, the low slow
notes of a bass clarinet. Chocolate saunters
down the runway, slouches in quaint
boutiques; its style is je ne sais quoi.
Chocolate stays up late and gambles,
likes roulette. Always bets
on the noir.



Vocabuulary

dilut - make (a liquid) thinner or weaker by adding water or another solvent to it.

rubble - broken pieces of stone and brick
brooding -  showing deep unhappiness of thought
hull - to remove the hull from a seed or grain or from a soft fruit
slab -  a large, thick, flat piece of something.



stroll up - to walk without hurrying, often for pleasure 
saunter dawn - to walk in a slow and relaxed way








Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий