четверг, 9 апреля 2015 г.

Reading:My April Lady by Henry Van Dyke

painter Howard Rogers
Hello,dear readers!
April has come and Love is everywhere around us! This lovely April poem is really worth reading just now!
So, let's read and enjoy!


My April Lady by Henry Van Dyke

When down the stair at morning
The sunbeams round her float,
Sweet rivulets of laughter
Are bubbling in her throat;
The gladness of her greeting
Is gold without alloy;
And in the morning sunlight
I think her name is Joy.


When in the evening twilight
The quiet book-room lies,
We read the sad old ballads,
While from her hidden eyes
The tears are falling, falling,
That give her heart relief;
And in the evening twilight,
I think her name is Grief.

My little April lady,
Of sunshine and of showers,
She weaves the old spring magic,
And breaks my heart in flowers!
But when her moods are ended,
She nestles like a dove;
Then, by the pain and rapture,
I know her name is Love.

Vocabulary:

Rivulet- a very small stream (literary)
bubbling - boiling
without alloy- pure
grief - deep sorrow
rapture - a feeling of great happiness or excitement

Dear readers! 
If you like the posts in this blog, please, don't forget to press the button G+  in the right  upper corner  to share the blog!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий