четверг, 15 декабря 2016 г.

Winter-Time - Poem by Robert Louis Stevenson


Hello everyone!

It's winter! This is a fantastic season of  falling snowflakes, biting frost,hot drinks,warm blankets and fairytales  for children and adults. It brings us  the most exciting Christmastime !!! This season really makes adults feel like kids. Maybe this is the reason we like winter so much!

This lovely wintry poem is one of those outstanding creations,which let us see,hear and feel like the author did it many years ago. It's a masterpiece,and we are ready to read and enjoy it!




Late lies the wintry sun a-bed, 
A frosty, fiery sleepy-head; 
Blinks but an hour or two; and then, 
A blood-red orange, sets again. 

Before the stars have left the skies, 
At morning in the dark I rise; 
And shivering in my nakedness, 
By the cold candle, bathe and dress. 

Close by the jolly fire I sit 
To warm my frozen bones a bit; 
Or with a reindeer-sled, explore 
The colder countries round the door. 

When to go out, my nurse doth wrap 
Me in my comforter and cap; 
The cold wind burns my face, and blows 
Its frosty pepper up my nose. 

Black are my steps on silver sod; 
Thick blows my frosty breath abroad; 
And tree and house, and hill and lake, 
Are frosted like a wedding cake. 

Read more wintry poems here:

Winter by Walter de la Mare


If you like the posts in this blog, please, don't forget to press the button G+  in the right  upper corner  to share the blog!


1 комментарий: