пятница, 9 января 2015 г.

Let It Go: Songs for Studying English


Hello, dear learners!
Winter is a beautiful season, but one should be careful: the Snow Queen sometimes turns the hearts into ice and the people become frozen. No feelings, no emotions, nothing... To prevent this, you shouldn't forget to say the words of love to your nearest and dearest, laugh  with your friends and  sing songs .
So, let's sing and study English.
This song is the official sound track to the animated film "Frozen" and it won the Oscar Award for the Best Song in 2014.

Vocabulary:
let go -  to stop thinking about or being angry about the past or something that happened in the past:
swirling - to  move quickly with a twisting, circular movement



to keep in - to make someone stay in a place
 to conceal - to prevent something from being seen or known about 
to hold back - hide thoughts/feelings
to rage on - to continue with a lot of force, violence, or angry arguments
to get to smb - to make someone feel upset or angry
to flurry -  (especially of snow or leaves) be moved in small swirling masses by sudden gusts of wind

a fractal - a shape that can be repeatedly divided into parts that are smaller copies of the original shape, here = a snowflake
a blast - (here) a sudden short loud sound



The snow glows white on the mountain tonight,
not a footprint to be seen.
A kingdom of isolation and it looks like I'm the queen.
The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside.

Couldn't keep it in, Heaven knows I tried.
Don't let them in, don't let them see.
Be the good girl you always have to be.
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know.

Well, now they know!
Let it go, let it go!
Can't hold it back any more.
Let it go, let it go!
Turn away and slam the door.
I don't care what they're going to say.
Let the storm rage on.

The cold never bothered me anyway.
It's funny how some distance,
makes everything seem small.
And the fears that once controlled me, can't get to me at all

It's time to see what I can do,
to test the limits and break through.
No right, no wrong, no rules for me.
I'm free!
Let it go, let it go.
I am one with the wind and sky.
Let it go, let it go.
You'll never see me cry.

Here I'll stand, and here I'll stay.
Let the storm rage on.
My power flurries through the air into the ground.
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back; the past is in the past!
Let it go, let it go.
And I'll rise like the break of dawn.
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone
Here I stand, in the light of day.
Let the storm rage on!
The cold never bothered me anyway...
Dear readers! 
If you like the posts in this blog, please, don't forget to press the button G+  in the right  upper corner  to share the blog!












Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий